students who have failed a course may wish to consider credit recovery to remain on track for graduation or to avoid repeating a full-year course.
Review the details below for more information on enrollment and registration for summer school options.
High school students who have failed a course required for graduation may wish to consider summer school for credit recovery to remain on track for graduation and/or to avoid repeating a full-year course the next school year. To access information regarding summer school options, see the links below.
Prior to registering for any credit recovery course, students must complete the below Summer School Registration Form and wait for approval by the Guidance Department.
Educere Virtual Summer School
Students may take only courses with the approved online provider, Educere. Students may take a maximum of 2 courses for credit recovery each summer. The student/parent is responsible for all course fees*.
If a student registers for a course without prior authorization from the Guidance Department, he/she may not receive credits and will not be reimbursed for payments made to Educere. Authorization is complete once the student receives approval from the Guidance Department via email.
Once approval is given, the student must register on the Educere website.
Clifton Virtual Summer School
Northern Regional Educational Services Commission is offering high school & middle school remedial credit recovery courses for students who have failed a course or were denied credit for the regular school year. Held at Clifton High School (taught in-person and/or virtually LIVE MEETING depending upon enrollment by Clifton Public School teachers, summer 2021), the program is open to area high school and middle school students, regardless of whether or not they attend the Clifton public school district.
Instructions on how to register:
- Complete the Summer School Registration Form.
- Await approval from your guidance counselor. If a student registers for a course without prior authorization, he/she may not receive credits and will not be reimbursed for payments made to summer school provider.
- Once approved, choose one of the following options:
- Option 1: Educere (online) Partial reimbursement if student attends in-person class sessions. Click here for more information regarding partial reimbursement. Registration deadline: June 25, 2021. Educere reports grades directly to our counseling office.
- Option 2: Educere (online) No in-person attendance required and no partial reimbursement. Registration deadline: July 2, 2021.
- Option 3: Clifton Summer School (traditional summer school) If attending a traditional summer school, please ensure that we receive an official summer school transcript directly from the school you attend. Request transcripts mailed to:
Becton Regional High School
Attn: Counseling Department
120 Paterson Avenue
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Schedule and transcript adjustments are made after we receive and process summer school grade(s).