WINTER SPORTS SPECTATOR UPDATE
February 15, 2021
Dear Student-Athletes and Parents/Guardians:
Governor Murphy recently signed Executive Order No. 220, which will allow up to two parents or guardians per athlete to attend Becton Regional High School’s interscholastic competitions. No other spectators will be permitted. Spectators must follow the Department of Health’s sports activities guidance including mask requirements, social distancing guidelines, and staying home when sick. Masks must be properly worn at all times. Spectators are expected to cooperate with contact-tracing efforts.
Becton Regional High School retains the ability to impose stricter guidelines and will, for now, implement the following protocols:
1. There will be no spectators for visiting teams allowed at any time.
2. Each Becton parent/guardian wishing to attend a home game MUST COMPLETE an official screening form which will be submitted upon arrival at Becton Regional High School. Please be advised that you must print and complete the form and bring it with you to the athletic event. If you do not wish to attend, no other person can take your spot.
3. You will be allowed entry ten minutes before the game and must exit immediately after its conclusion. Do not arrive earlier, as you will not be allowed into the gym.
4. Each spectator’s temperature will be checked. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will be denied entry.
5. Spectators must be masked and sit 6 feet apart from other families at all times.
6. There will be no food or drink allowed in the Becton Regional High School gymnasium.
7. It is possible that parents/guardians may be able to attend games at other schools, but that information will be relayed through your child’s head coach.
8. Livestreaming of events will continue to take place for those who cannot be in attendance.
9. Offsite bowling will be determined by the management of those facilities.
If you have any questions, please consult your Head Coach.
Annette Giancaspro, Athletic Director