VHS Summer Registration is Open!
Click here for more information about VHS Learning.
About VHS Learning
The Virtual High School (VHS) is a consortium of school’s worldwide which offers asynchronous courses which run on a weekly-scheduled basis via the Internet. Becton Regional High School has been a participating school since 2008. VHS helps schools expand their course offerings including their electives and AP courses. VHS offers high school core, elective, Advanced Placement® and credit recovery courses.
The Virtual High School is accredited by both Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS), and AdvancED. Students can visit the course catalog available at govhs.org to view the variety of courses offered including approximately 23 Advanced Placement® courses. VHS provides students with collaborative and engaging learning opportunities. For registration information Click Here.
VHS Learning Registration Forms
VHS REGISTRATION FORMS
Accessing VHS Courses for Enrollment
www.govhs.org / Click Catalog on the VHS home page to access all VHS Learning courses available.
Please pre-select courses for enrollment and return forms to Guidance Office.
Student Name_______________________________ Grade Level for the 2020-2021 School Year ________
Student Email: ___________________________________________
Please print e-mail address clearly
Course Selection: 1st Semester (exact course title must be listed below)
Course Selection: 2nd Semester (exact course title must be listed below)
I understand that participation in the second semester of VHS is dependent upon full participation in my first semester as a VHS student.
Student Signature: ___________________________________________________
I give my child permission to participate in the Virtual High School.
Parent Signature: ____________________________________________________
I recommend this student for participation in the Virtual High School.
Guidance Counselor Signature: ________________________________________
PLEASE RETURN TO GUIDANCE
Henry P. Becton Regional High School
VHS Student Contract
(to be signed by student and parent)
I, ____________________________________ (name of student), agree to participate in my VHS online course and:
- I will attend and fully participate in my VHS online course.
- I am aware of the following guideline for expected hours of work by level:
- A standard level class requires students to be actively engaged in their coursework for approximately 6 - 8 hours per week.
- An honors level class requires students to be actively engaged in their coursework for approximately 8 - 10 hours per week.
- An AP level class requires students to be actively engaged in their coursework for approximately 10 - 12 hours per week.
- I will inform my VHS Site Coordinator in a timely manner if I am experiencing difficulties in my online course due to:
- technical difficulties with the network or computer;
- navigation difficulties in the course platform; or
- difficulties in understanding my assignments or posting my assignments.
- I will inform my VHS teacher of any scheduled absences due to school or personal schedules.
- I will inform my VHS teacher and Site Coordinator of any absence due to illness or unforeseen circumstances and will make up missed work in a timely manner.
- Be aware that if I drop a semester 1 course, I will not be eligible to take a semester 2 course.
- Be aware that after the add/drop deadline, students who withdraw will receive a grade of 'W/F' for Withdraw Fail or 'W/P' for Withdraw Pass, which will be reported to their school’s administrative office and appear on my permanent transcripts.
I will use courteous language while communicating with my VHS peers and teacher.
- I will use the school network in conformance with the Acceptable Use Policy.
Signed: _________________________________________________________________ Date _________________
Signed: _________________________________________________________________ Date__________________
Student Name: Date:
CHOICES 1st SEM. (FALL) Level 2nd SEM. (SPRING) Level
H AP S
H AP S
H AP S
H AP S
H AP S
H AP S
|H-Honors AP-Advanced Placement S-Standard|
VHS students are expected to attend and participate in their online course as fully as they would attend and participate in a traditional classroom course. All assigned work should be completed in a timely fashion, and students must actively participate in course discussions.
At an absolute minimum, students are required to log-in and perform work in their online course five times per week, bearing in mind that a week is expected to contain at least 5-7 hours of coursework.
Time management and self-motivation are essential skills for success in a Virtual High School class. Please consider this when endorsing a student’s request to participate in Virtual High School. Participation in an online course will require students to be involved in independent and collaborative projects and research. Students must plan their work, be responsive to deadlines, and be conscientious in completing assigned tasks.
____________ I endorse this student’s candidacy for Virtual High School NetCourses.
____________ I endorse, with reservations, this student’s candidacy for Virtual High School NetCourses. Please indicate reasons on back of this sheet. *
____________ I do not endorse this student’s candidacy for Virtual High School NetCourses. Please indicate reasons on back of this sheet. *
Faculty/Staff Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _____________
*RECOMMENDATION MUST BE FROM AN ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT TEACHER*
* All teacher remarks are confidential
PLEASE RETURN TO GUIDANCE