CHOOSE A JOB THAT YOU LOVE, AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE.Confucius
The Career Exploration Internship Program offers motivated high school seniors a chance to go beyond the formal education of the classroom. Students will have the opportunity to “test drive” a career through a quality internship in a field matched to their interests and abilities. Students will work with mentors in an exciting, highly-structured, well-monitored setting. Overall, the Career Exploration Internship Program delivers adult challenges, exceptional role models, and individualized learning to prepare students for the professional work environment.
HOW IT WORKS
- Interested students apply spring of junior year. Qualified candidates are accepted.
- Students develop a resume and participate in mock interviews in preparation for a formal interview with a participating company.
- Once "hired", an individualized program is designed by the mentor in order to develop a mutually valuable internship experience.
- Students spend daily assigned time exploring the career field with successful professionals on site.
- Students are visited on site regularly and complete related assignments including weekly time sheets and journals/blogs.
- Students earn 9-15 credits depending on the number of internship hours.
- Students attend their high school classes in the morning, report to internship after lunch, and return to their high school in time for extracurricular activities.
- Enhance future employment opportunities
- Increase college acceptance potential
- Work with exceptional role models
- Develop appropriate workplace social skills and job specific skills
- Improve motivation and self-esteem
- Become more aware of personal strengths and challenges
- Engage in authentic involvement in education
- Provide guidance and insight and cultivate dynamic partnerships with young adults
- Develop potential future employees
- Receive quality workplace assistance
- Achieve personal enrichment through mentoring
If you are a business interested in participating as a mentor,
please email Ms. Annitti at firstname.lastname@example.org.